As part of our process of updating the Anti-bullying policy and the Positive Behaviour policy, when an incident happens in school or in the playground, we will be asking children to reflect on their negative behaviours and the impact that has had on others. This will be completed with a member of staff as part of a restorative approach, sometimes during breaktime. The reflection sheet requires the child to:
- consider which of the children’s right have been affected
- consider which Golden Rule they have broken
- think about and identify their actions
- consider the impact of those actions on others
- consider what they should have done or what they should do if this happens again.
This will then be sent home for you to read and discuss with your child. It should be signed and returned to school the next day.